In a collaboration with our friends over at Flip Flops and Palms, I am excited to announce that we have launched the “Drinks at the Beach” photo contest to run the length of October. All you have to do to enter is submit your entry via the “Drinks At The Beach Photo Contest” link at the Facebook page for Flip Flops and Palms. First, second and third place prizes plus a judges prize will be awarded based on the number of votes each image gets.
A great big special “thank you!” to our wonderful prize sponsors because this contest would not be possible without them. If you’re a fan of the British Virgin Islands, it doesn’t get much better than this:
First Place Prize and Sponsor – A full day private sail anywhere in the BVI for up to six guests with Tropical Day Sails. Prize value $1950.
Second Place Prize and Sponsor – Two nights in paradise for up to two guests at Leverick Bay Resort. Prize value $300.
Third Place Prize and Sponsor – Lunch for two at Tierra! Tierra! on Scrub Island Resort. Prize value $75.
Judges Prize and Sponsor – One hour photo shoot with award winning professional photographer Heidi Schumann. Prize value $500.
What are you waiting for? We all know you’ve done it – posed your beer or cocktail on the beach or at a beach bar and snapped a pic of it so you could let all your friends back home know where you were and they weren’t. It’s one of the best parts about vacation! So start sifting through all those images and find your best “drinks at the beach” shots and start submitting them (and tell your friends to vote for you!). The contest only runs through the end of October so the sooner you enter, the better! It could make your upcoming vacation to the US or British Virgin Islands a lot more memorable.
Official Contest Rules
1. All photos must have a drink in it (beer, wine, cocktail, bottle of water, pop, etc.) and must have been taken at a beach or beach bar. Your photo does not need to be from a tropical location. As long as it contains both a drink and a beach (or beach bar view), your photo qualifies for submission.
2. You may submit one photo per day (24 hour timeframe), but each entrant can only win one prize.
3. Location of photograph and email address for entrant must be specified in submission.
4. Photo must have been taken by the entrant, and entrant must possess rights to each photo submitted.
5. Winners will be based on total number of votes each photo receives. The photo with the highest number of votes wins the First Place Prize. The photo with the second-highest number of votes wins the Second Place Prize. The photo with the third-highest number of votes wins the Third Place Prize. The photo deemed by the judges (Beach Bar Bums, Flip Flops & Palms, and Heidi Schumann) to be our favorite wins the Judges Pick Prize. Any ties will be resolved with a vote by the judges.
6. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants. Entrants shall not vote for their own entry with fake Facebook accounts. Fraudulent activities will be monitored and will lead to exclusion from contest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify contest rules at any time.
7. You may vote for a photo once per day.
8. Submissions will be accepted through midnight Eastern Time on November 1, 2016.
9. By submitting your image, you grant Flip Flops & Palms and Beach Bar Bums LLC license to use the photo on their websites and social media pages to promote the contest and its results, as well as all future “Drinks at the Beach” photo contests.
10. All photo entries will be accepted or rejected at the sole discretion of Flip Flops & Palms and Beach Bar Bums LLC. No images deemed vulgar, offensive, derogatory or otherwise not in the spirit of the contest will be accepted.
11. Winners will be notified within one week after the contest’s conclusion and instructed on how to collect or how they will receive their prizes. Flip Flops & Palms and Beach Bar Bums LLC are not responsible for any issues or discrepancies regarding the prizes and any issues or discrepancies will need to be resolved between the prize winner and prize sponsor.
All photographs submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. By submitting your photograph, you certify that you have read the Official Contest Rules.
Additional rules regarding the contest along with terms and conditions for each prize can be found here – Drinks At The Beach photo contest rules, terms and conditions.